The Star Garden
Welcome to the star garden forums, a brand new sailor moon forum! We offer games, a variety of discussion forums, graphics, roleplay, and more! Guest cannot view certain forums as well, so be sure to sign up today! ♥️
The Star Garden
Welcome to the star garden forums, a brand new sailor moon forum! We offer games, a variety of discussion forums, graphics, roleplay, and more! Guest cannot view certain forums as well, so be sure to sign up today! ♥️

Welcome to our forum and thank you for visiting! We've just opened!
Our refer a friend program is live! Invite people and get rewards!
Our staff search is open! Join our staff team today!

Forum Mini-Tutorials

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neo Queen Serenity
Sailor Moon
Neo Queen Serenity

Sailor Moon

Stars : 13052

Forum Mini-Tutorials Empty
PostSubject: Forum Mini-Tutorials   Forum Mini-Tutorials I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 5:14 pm

First off, welcome to the thread! The basics of posting will be explained in this thread, as well as some extra things. 

Navigation
Basic post options

Tricks and Tips

Last edited by Neo Queen Serenity on Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:02 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://thestargarden.forumotion.com
Neo Queen Serenity
Sailor Moon
Neo Queen Serenity

Sailor Moon

PostSubject: Re: Forum Mini-Tutorials   Forum Mini-Tutorials I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 10:20 am

Basic posting options

The Bold Function

You can highlight the text you want to bold and press the B button on top of the post when editing, or you can switch to editor mode (the paper button), and paste what you see below. Edit it as you see fit. This is true for other posting options as well.
Code:
[b]I'm bright and bold![/b]

That comes out as: I'm bright and bold!

The Italicize Function
Code:
[i]I'm flowy and fancy![/i]

That comes out as: I'm flowy and fancy!

The Underline Function
Code:
[u]Lines around me![/u]

That comes out as: Lines around me!

The Strike Function (The Strike Function)
Code:
An example of a [strike]crossed/striked out word[/strike]

That comes out as: An example of a crossed/striked out word

Align options

Alight Left

Code:
[left]An example of text aligned left[/left]

That comes out as: An example of text aligned left

This is the default text alignment.

Align Center
Code:
[center]An example of text aligned left[/center]

Align Right
Code:
[right]An example of text aligned left[/right]

Justified
Code:
[justified]An example of text aligned left[/justified]

Lists and Other

Unordered Lists

To create an unordered list, select the icon with bullets in a list. To create new list items, simply press spacebar. For example.
Code:
[list][*]I am an unordered list item
[*]And I am another unordered list item[/list]

Ordered Lists
Ordered list are nearly the same, the only difference is them being ordered. To make an order list select the icon with numbers in a list.
Code:
[list][*]I am the first ordered list item
[*]And I am the 2nd ordered list item[/list]

Line Break
It is  a function is not located at the top of the post editor with the other buttons, but it exists, however. Switch to "editor mode" (the white sheet of paper button) and put
Code:
[hr]
in the post wherever you see fit. Great for fanfiction and long walls of text.

Select the button with a white dialogue symbol to quote things. It is automatically used when you quote a forum post.

Spoiler
For actual spoilers or lots of image, a spoiler will do. Select the icon that has the notebook with a caution sign and click & mouse over the text/content you want hidden.

Tables
To create a  table select the icon with a table button. You can select the border width, and numbers of columns and rows. Click insert afterward to add text/content to your table.

Images

To add an image, click on the picture button with a "+"  next to it. Options such as "URL", "width" and "height" should show up. You have to put an image url in the first box (URL), and you may leave the other ones untouched (width and height).

Links
To add a link, click on the chain button with a + next to it. It will post the link in your post, but not show it the way you (probably )want it to. To name the link, you would follow this format [url(add full url here, remove brackets)][Name of Url without brackets][/url]

For example:

Code:
[url=http://thestargarden.forumotion.com/t2-star-garden-rules-information#27]Forum Rules[/url]

Text Options

Header Format
Select the H button and it will show you a dropdown with 3 options. "H2, H3, H4". Select one to get text in the format of a header.

Font Size 
Select the "A" button with arrows pointing both up and down and you will get a dropdown with 5 options. "10, 13, 16, 18, 24", depending on your choice you will get larger or smaller text.

Color
Select the button that looks like a cube with a missing block. Select this and you will find a large collection of colors, choose one to your liking. Just make sure not to make it too light so we can see the text.

Font
Select the "A" button and it will display a dropdown with 11 font choices. Select one (there's are no rules for fonts, so use common sense) to style your text.

Removing text formatting
You must mouse over take to use this fuction. Select the "A" button with a "-" sign. Use this to remove all styling (font, size, color) from text.

Last edited by Neo Queen Serenity on Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:58 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Sailor Moon
Neo Queen Serenity

Sailor Moon

PostSubject: Re: Forum Mini-Tutorials   Forum Mini-Tutorials I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 10:43 am

Extra posting options + tips

Adding color to your title or post topic

1. Edit or create a thread (or post title)
  2. Look for the "None: (use Implicit)" drop down
  3. Click on the dropdown and and choose a color! Or, if you prefer the default title color, leave it be.

How to use graphics

1. **Download the image (*right click + save image as) or copy the image url (*right click + copy image address)
  2. Upload your image to a hosting site. My favourites are imgur and Postimg.
  3. Copy the url of your uploaded image(s), and use as you like! However please read the graphics rules (Graphics Guide under the :important info" header in the sidebar box) for any limitations or guidelines.

How to add more than one signature to your forum signature

1. Visit an image rotator site, the most popular ones are SignAvatar and GrumpyBumpers.
  2. After the website gives you a link, add the link to your signature via the add image button.

How to link to a specific post in a thread
It's a bit complicated, but no worries! To get a link to a specific post in a thread, mouse over the "qoute" button. A url will appear on the button of the screen
Spoiler:

The number "62" is the post's id. The post id allows you to link to a specific post in the thread. Post ids generally look like this: "/post? p=[number]". To link the post, though, you'll have to add a hashtag with the post id, after the thread name. For example a link to this post would be: https://thestargarden.forumotion.com/t46-forum-mini-tutorials#62

The Reputation system
The reputation system is a completely optional thing here on the forum system. To give someone positive rep, click the little "+" sign on the right side of their post. To give someone negative rep, click the little "-" sign on the right side of their post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Mini-Tutorials   Forum Mini-Tutorials I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum Mini-Tutorials
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Star Garden :: Galaxy Cauldron :: Rules & Information-
Jump to: